✔ Print UPS, Fedex & USPS Shipping Labels
✔ Improve Accuracy, Automate Tedious Tasks
✔ 14-Day Free Trial – No Credit Card Required
Today’s businesses operate at light speed online. If you are not manning the next Warp Speed powered ecommerce business, you could very well soon be left behind in the trails of the next space craft (ecommerce business) that quickly passes you up. The truth is that there are a number of methods that you can use to hone your ecommerce store for success. One of the most important elements will always be relative to how you approach fulfilling the orders that your customers place.Studies have shown that shipping and handling costs are directly related to your shopping cart abandonment rates. That aside, customer want fast and effective shipping, too. No wonder so many e-retailers use tried and true carriers like FedEx for easy tracking and fast delivery of their shipments. If you are not integrating capable FedEx shipping software into your solution, however, you could be spending a lot more time than is necessary fulfilling your outbound orders.
How FedEx Shipping Software Benefits Your Online Business
The truth is that choosing a reliable carrier like FedEx is one thing. How you handle the fulfillment of your orders is quite another. Let’s take, for example, an ecommerce platform like Etsy or WooCommerce. Say you have a store on these sites and hundreds of orders pouring in daily. You could sit there and manually copy and paste your shipping information, printing out labels one-by-one while manually updating statuses and emailing out tracking numbers, but how much time will this cost you?
Can you really afford to hire an employee for this remedial task? What about shipping errors that can occur when you accidently overlook something, resulting in a frustrated customer and a costly return? The truth is that you have better things to do than sit there and manually copy and paste information. The best software instead imports your orders by talking directly to the API of your online store. (Learn more about FedEx shipping software offered by TrueShip).
FedEx shipping software can effectively save you time and money because it:
- Imports all the orders in real-time.
- Fills out the shipping labels.
- Helps you select the best shipment settings to get the best rate.
- Compares the rates being offered by FedEx with other carriers like USPS and UPS.
- Automatically updates your online store with ship status, comments and tracking information.
- Finds and flags any found errors before your shipments go out, so you can avoid costly returns and upset customers.
- Creates the FedEx shipping labels for you, so you can print, pack and ship faster.
- Backs-up your shipping information in the event of data outages.
- Reports real-time tracking information.
- Tracks all parcels, shipping costs and other delimiters and can even export it to QuickBooks for easier accounting.
As you can see, software solutions can make previously tedious efforts that were once manual fully automated and relatively error and stress-free. Sure, you could still sit there and conduct these functions by hand, but why? A good question to ask is: why do you upgrade your computer? Because the new one is faster and more capable.
The same answer applies to a software solution like this: because it’s faster and easier… and it just makes good sense.