There are many great inexpensive ways to ship your packages out for gift giving, holiday's and businesses. One of these ways is flat rate shipping boxes. These boxes have a preset rate for their pricing and will be a much less expensive way to go for most customers. Since flat rate boxes come in a variety of sizes there is sure to be a box that suits your specific needs.
You can readily pick these boxes up at your local postal facility for free, or have them delivered to your home or office for free. The boxes themselves are free of charge and you will be charged upon shipping your items according to the size of box that you'll be using. As long as you can fit your items into your chosen sized box you can ship them for the price that your specific sized box will cost (learn more about flat rate boxes shipping cost). One caution however is that the box must be able to close securely and it must weigh under 70 pounds.
PRIORITY MAIL FLAT RATE BOX RATES
Your shipping costs will be dependent upon the size of box that you're using.
- Pricing starts at $5.75 at your local postal facility.
- Pricing starts at $5.05 for Commercial Base.
- Pricing starts at $4.95 for Commercial Plus.
FLAT RATE BOXES PRICING
- Small flat rate boxes are $5.95 per box.
- Medium sized (both styles) flat rate boxes are $12.65 per box.
- Large sized flat rate boxes are $17.90 per box.
- Dual Use flat rate boxes are $44.95 per box.
PRIORITY MAIL REGIONAL RATE BOXES COSTS
You can save some money by paying online.
- Pricing starts at $5.32 when you pay online.
- An additional fee of $0.75 is charged if the postage is paid at your local retailer.
FLAT RATE BOX SIZES
- 5 3/8 inches by 8 5/8 inches by 1 5/8 inches Small Sized Boxes
- 11 ¼ inches by 8 ¾ inches by 6 inches for top loading style boxes Medium Flat Rate Boxes.
- 14 inches by 12 inches by 3 ½ inches for side loading style boxes Medium Flat Rate Boxes.
- 12 inches by 12 inches by 5 ½ inches Large Flat Rate Boxes
- Dual use priority mail/priority mail express boxes are 11 7/8 inches by 3 3/8 inches by 13 5/8 inches.
- If you wish you can also choose a variety pack. The variety package of boxes comes with 4 boxes total. You'll receive one small box, both styles of the medium boxes and one large box.
- With so many flat rate box sizes available, there is sure to be a box sized for your specific needs.
It's important to remember that restrictions are updated frequently. Restrictions will also vary depending upon where you're sending your package from and where you're sending your package to.
Always check online at the USPS website for the latest list of restrictions. Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to check with your local postal facility. As always, if you're shipping to an APO, FPO or even a DPO address, the restrictions may vary even more. Always double check restrictions for these types of addresses.
Flat rate shipping boxes are a favorite for their versatility and convenience. The biggest benefit to using a flat rate box is that as long as you can fit the item or items into the box, secure the box and as it's under 70 pounds, it can be shipped.
If you need your item to arrive more quickly, you can also send your items express. Remember however, these aren’t flat rates and they will cost a lot more to ship than the flat rate boxes do. A lot of people choose the flat rate boxes to save on shipping costs and stay within their budget.