Here’s Our Picks for Best Shopify Themes For Clothing (You Won’t Believe #5!)
In the world of ecommerce, clothing can be especially lucrative. Consumers are always on the hunt for new pieces to add to their wardrobes, and the cycles of trends keep shoppers coming back for more. However, the success of your online clothing store largely depends on how well you can present your products to potential customers. This is where choosing the right Shopify theme, or the design and layout of your store, comes in.
With hundreds of themes to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide which one is best suited for your online clothing store. We’ve already offered extensive coverage on Shopify Plus, the Best Shopify Apps, how to Streamline Shopify Returns, the most important Shopify Statistics, and how to add Shopify CRM to your online store. So, consider this your cheat sheet. We’ll explore some of the best Shopify themes for clothing that will not only help you showcase your products in the best possible way, but also offer a seamless shopping experience to your customers.
Pick #1: Impulse
Impulse is a popular Shopify theme that is designed to help merchants increase their conversion rates by creating a sense of urgency and encouraging customers to take action. With this theme, merchants can quite literally use every corner of their storefronts for promotion features, meaning you can test to see which types of promotions (banner ads, footer promos or pop-ups) convert most effectively.
Here are a few reasons we love Impulse:
- Unique homepage: The Impulse theme features a unique homepage that is designed to capture shoppers’ attention and encourage them to take action. The homepage includes a full-width banner, which is visually impactful, with a call-to-action button, as well as a section for featured products and a countdown timer to create a sense of urgency.
- Product-focused design: The Impulse theme is designed to put the focus on the products, with large product images, a customizable product page layout and an easy-to-use product zoom feature. One reviewer says the theme is, “Simplistic to use and delivers a clean, beautiful interface.” And as savvy sellers know, giving shoppers the info they need on your product pages is the key to getting more product reviews.
- Built-in marketing features: The Impulse theme comes with a range of built-in marketing features, including a customizable promotional banner, a promotional popup, and a countdown timer to create a sense of urgency.
- Responsiveness: Impulse is fully responsive, which means that it will automatically adjust to fit the screen size of any device. This makes it easy for customers to shop on their mobile devices — which is especially crucial as m-commerce is on the rise.
- SEO-friendly: Merchants can improve their search engine rankings and drive more traffic to their online store with the SEO-friendly Impulse theme.
The Impulse theme is not only visually stunning but also has plenty of features that can help sellers supercharge their sales. It’s worth noting that this theme is best suited to online retailers with larger catalogs, but it’s one of the best Shopify themes for conversion and can help you take your business to the next level.
Pick #2: Empire
Empire is another theme targeted toward large, high-volume online stores (and dropshippers) with a wide range of products, and it has a robust feature set that can help you amplify your business. It’s no wonder why Empire is one of the best Shopify themes for clothing sellers.
Beyond its translation and age verifying capabilities, here are some of the reasons Empire is one of our top picks:
- Customizable homepage: The Empire theme features a customizable homepage that allows merchants to highlight their products and create a unique online store. Merchants can choose from a range of layout options, including full-width images, product grids, and featured collections. Just drag and drop to create your storefront.
- Mega-menu navigation: This theme has a mega-menu navigation that makes it easy for customers to find what they’re looking for. The mega-menu allows merchants to create dropdown menus with subcategories and product images, so shoppers can more quickly locate their perfect product.
- Product filtering: With the Empire theme, consumers can easily filter products by category, brand, price, and other attributes, so they can narrow their search and get through checkout faster.
- Mobile-responsive design: The Empire theme will automatically adjust to fit the screen size of any device, which makes it easy for consumers to shop on their mobile devices — a must in ecommerce.
- SEO-friendly: Driving more traffic to your online store can be a simple matter of adding more keywords, or the terms shoppers are searching online, to your categories and product pages. The Empire theme makes this relatively easy, and you’ll be SEO-ready in no time.
Reviewers appreciate the freedom of the Empire theme and how it’s a solid foundation for a clean, professional-looking online clothing store. As one reviewer notes, “Empire has been a great theme to use, lots of customization options, and it looks great.”
Pick #3: District
Another popular Shopify theme for clothing ecommerce sellers, District is our pick for showcasing products in a clean, minimalist way. Shopify lists the theme as “great for visual storytelling,” which can be massively impactful for sellers who are creating a true brand. And to boot, the theme has a 100% satisfaction rate and more than 9,000 downloads.
Wondering why? District users get access to plenty of features, but these are some of the best:
- No-code homepage: With the District theme, sellers create a customizable homepage by dragging and dropping blocks for images, products, customer testimonials and more. This is a way to instantly create brand recognition and display featured collections.
- Dynamic product filtering: The District theme includes dynamic product filtering, which allows customers to filter products by category, price, and other attributes without having to reload the page. Described by Shopify as “the new standard in customizability and speed,” this feature of the District theme helps buyers get to checkout more quickly.
- Mobile-friendly: As is expected for an immensely popular Shopify theme, District is mobile-responsive and will automatically adjust to the size of screen a shopper is using. Phones, tablets, laptops and everything in between will still display your online store beautifully.
- Product spotlights: The District theme puts the focus on the products, with large product images and a customizable product page layout.
- Recommended products: Merchants can add a “recommended products” tab to their product pages, which is a proven way to boost average order value.
Overall, the District theme is perfect for Shopify sellers who want an online store that is customizable, responsive and agile. It provides a favorable starting point for a visually appealing clothing store, and the developers behind the theme offer top-notch customer service. Per one review, District is “A great theme backed up by great developers that clearly take pride in what they do.”
Pick #4: Origin
For online sellers who want one of the best Shopify themes for clothing stores, look no further than Origin. This free theme is best for merchants who are just launching their businesses, but it still allows for a stylish, polished looking website.
Sellers who opt for the Origin theme get some pretty nifty features, including:
- Quick launch: There are minimal steps involved for setting up and publishing this theme, so sellers who already have their product photos and descriptions can launch their websites quickly.
- Minimal distractions: With its neutral color palette and full-width page design, the Origin theme lets product photography really pop.
- Descriptive product pages: The product page layout is optimized for sales, with evocative product images and videos, variant options, size charts, product tabs and lookbooks.
- Product discovery: The Origin theme offers enhanced search, a mega menu with customizable categories, product filtering and sorting and recommended products to increase AOV.
- Conversion boosters: With the Origin theme, sellers can add a blog to their online store, which is one of the best ways to improve SEO. Origin also assists with cross-selling, and you can add a stock counter to create scarcity and inspire action. This makes Origin one of the best Shopify themes for conversion.
With unique typography and a minimal feature set, Origin is ideal for merchants who offer custom-made products, and it is particularly suitable for stores that sell a single product or a single product type. The theme is fully compatible with Online Store 2.0, offering superior performance, customization, and design.
Pick #5: Dawn
As the most popular theme in the database, Dawn is our final pick for the best Shopify themes for clothing stores. It’s the default theme for new Shopify stores, but the developers took feedback on its predecessor, Debut, and created a user-friendly and powerful theme.
- Customizable templates: To avoid building each page from scratch, sellers can simply create custom templates with the Dawn theme and apply them to their chosen pages. For example, apparel product pages can use a different template than accessory pages.
- Speed: The Dawn theme is noted as one of the faster themes for page loading and user navigation. This is key for today’s shoppers, who are used to instantaneous responses in their digital experiences.
- App integrations: Running an ecommerce business requires having a full tech stack to handle different functions, but a major pain point is when those systems don’t work together. The Dawn theme recognizes this and easily integrates with other apps.
- Marketing capabilities: Sellers using the Dawn theme get access to a blog, an FAQ page, a press coverage page and product reviews that can give shoppers additional information and social proof.
The most glowing recent review of Dawn reads, “The theme is easy to use and customized. I upgraded from Supply and my store speeded doubled. The included features and blocks I was also able to remove close to $100/mo in add on apps saving a bunch of money and again, increasing store speed. Having a catalog of close to 400 items the navigation is also fluid and robust.”
Bonus Entry: Go with a Custom Theme
If you really want to make your Shopify store stand out, then you can always opt for acustom Shopify theme like this one by Pedicouture.com. The theme is a perfect blend of functionality, aesthetics, and user experience. From the moment you land on the website, you are greeted with a sleek and visually appealing design that immediately captures your attention. The use of high-quality images and videos throughout the website adds to the overall appeal and helps convey the brand’s message effectively.
One of the key features of this custom Shopify theme is its responsiveness. The website adapts seamlessly to different devices and screen sizes, ensuring that users have a consistent experience regardless of the device they are using. This is a critical aspect of any modern website, and Pedicouture.com has nailed it perfectly.
Another feature that stands out is the ease of navigation. The website has a clean and intuitive layout that makes it easy for users to find what they are looking for. The use of drop-down menus, category pages, and clear calls-to-action ensures that users can quickly and easily browse through the different products and collections offered by Pedicouture.com.
This custom Shopify theme also incorporates various marketing elements, such as email sign-ups, social media links, and product reviews. These features help to increase engagement, build trust with customers, and ultimately drive sales.
Overall, we’re impressed with the attention to detail and the level of customization that has gone into this custom Shopify theme. Pedicouture.com has done an excellent job of creating a website that not only looks great but also functions flawlessly. If you’re looking for inspiration for your own e-commerce website, we highly recommend checking this one out!