Instant Digital Savings: Mobile Coupon Statistics for 2018
Mobile coupons are becoming immensely popular. Whether you’re a long-time online shopper, or just starting to find great deals in the online space, mobile coupons can help you save money and get the gear you need.
Still curious about the overall popularity of mobile coupons? Let’s look at some statistics on mobile coupons for 2018 and beyond:
ReadyCloud CRM Pricing
Per User/Month, Billed Monthly.
Cross-channel eCommerce CRM
for online retailers.
|All Standard Integrations Included||1 GB Free File Storage||Get Free Users|
|Cross Channel Order Visibility||Contacts||Events & Tasks|
|Unlimited Order Import||Order Notes||Reporting|
|TRY FOR FREE - NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED!|
Mobile Coupon Statistics for 2018
Curious just how fast mobile coupon adoption is rising in the U.S.? Wondering why, exactly, your company should be jumping on the bandwagon? Not totally convinced that customers love them?
Here are some of the most compelling mobile coupon statistics for 2018:
- 8 million US adults redeemed online coupons in 2016. By 2021, experts predict this number will sit somewhere around 145.3 million users.
- There will be 1.05 billion mobile coupon users around the globe by 2019. This is a rise from 560 million back in 2014.
- More than 57.5% of US internet users have redeemed a digital coupon at least once.
- In 2018, 48% of companies were using mobile coupons for marketing.
- 68% of customers believe that coupons help build brand awareness.
- 60% of consumers like receiving digital coupons.
- 68% of consumers say digital coupons help generate brand loyalty.
- 50% of consumers are more likely to shop with a brick-and-mortar store if they’ve received a coupon from that store.
- 77% of customers spend about $10-$50 more when they’re redeeming a mobile coupon.
- 59% of customers report that mobile coupons are the most effective types of promotions a retailer can use.
- 62% of smartphone users say they are extremely or very likely to use digital coupons in the future.
- By 2019, experts are predicting that consumers will redeem 31 billion eCoupons.
- Emails with coupons in them see an average of a 14% increase in open rates, a 34% increase in unique clicks, a 27% increase in transaction completion rate and a 48% increase in revenue per email sent.
- More than 25 million American consumers use couponing apps to save money.
- 18% of online consumers around the globe use online or mobile coupons while shopping in stores, and 65% are willing to use them either now or in the future.
- Consumers saved $3.1 billion in 2017 thanks to mobile coupons.
- 97% of consumers say they look for deals when they shop, and 92% are always looking for deals.
- Mobile coupon adoption is increasing steadily – adoption surged 26% between 2014 and 2015, and has continued to climb since then.
- 40% of consumers say finding the best deal online makes them feel smarter.
Adding Mobile Coupons to Your Store
While mobile coupons can be a great tool to attract new buyers, you’ve got to understand how to use them as effectively as possible. Like any other marketing tactic, it’s not enough to throw coupons at your customers, and hope it works.
With this in mind, here’s your step-by-step guide to using coupons for your online store.
1. Make the Most of Social Media
One great way to go after new customers with coupon codes is to use social media to share them with your clients. A platform like Twitter, for example, can be incredibly productive when it comes to online codes. When you have a new code to share, simply tweet it out to your followers, along with a hashtag and a keyword or brand name associated with the item.
For best results, share your coupon codes a few times a day to ensure they’re getting as much attention as possible. Don’t just repost the same thing again and again, though. Instead, change the contents of your tweets, leaving only the code the same. This ensures they remain unique and that users continue to derive value from them.
Facebook can also be a productive platform for sharing your mobile coupon codes. If you want to get as much traction as possible from your posts, upload a photo of the product, complete with a short message related to your promotion.
2. Take Your Brand into Account
Use coupons as intelligently as possible by taking your brand’s unique goals and pain points into account as you develop your coupon strategy.
For example, you might choose to apply coupons to inventory that won’t move or to show appreciation for your customers. Here’s a great example of a coupon strategy: give a simple percentage discount on individual items within your store; or make them free when a customer reaches a specific dollar amount on their order.
If you’d rather use coupons to demonstrate appreciation for your customers, send out coupon codes to old customers or particularly high-value customers, to demonstrate that you care about them and want their business back.
3. Offer Automatic Discounts
Bring in new customers by offering automatic discounts in your ecommerce store. In addition to building customer loyalty, this approach allows you to make the most of digital coupons without distributing them each individually.
Not interested in offering discounts for new customers? Consider waiving shipping fees on first purchases. A surprise nicety like this is an excellent option for bringing new customers into the fold.
4. Market on Coupon Code Websites
Another way to make the most of digital coupons is to market on online coupon code websites. Some popular examples include RetailMeNot, Coupons.com, and Slickdeals.net, all of which allow you to submit your coupons so customers can take advantage of them.
Groupon is also a great option, as it allows vendors from various niches to promote their products and services online.
5. Track Coupons with UTMs
What are UTMs? According to Search Engine Journal: “UTM codes are variables recognized by Google Analytics that you can use to track your marketing campaigns. They are appended to the end of URL.”
Tracking UTMs will require that you have knowledge of creating campaigns for them in Google’s Analytics. Once your campaigns are in place, you’ll be able to monitor and track the results of each coupon code that you have active, including the source of the traffic, conversion rates and more.
You can even advertise these promo codes in your Google Ads campaigns to gain even more traction from your marketing efforts.
Consumers Love Digital Coupons
People have always loved getting discounts, which is why consumers love mobile coupons, and are set to redeem over a billion of them in 2018 alone. If you’re not already on the mobile coupon train, now is time to hop aboard.
In addition to the fact that mobile coupons are popular among consumers, virtually all companies are using them because digital coupons and promo codes decrease cart abandonment rates, which means you stand to miss out on more sales if you don’t adopt the approach as well.
With a variety of digital coupon creation services out there, getting your digital coupons set up is easier than ever. As the above statistics demonstrate, the implementation of promo codes helps you capture new customers and sales that grow your bottom line, improve customer acquisition and boost loyalty. What’s not to like about them?!?
Infographic: 2018 Mobile Coupon Statistics
What’s in store with digital coupons and promo codes in ecommerce for 2018? We’ve created this detailed infographic to paint the complete picture.
Feel free to share it on your blog and social channels to help spread the word!