100 Growth Marketing Statistics All Retailers Need to Know
A constantly changing landscape characterizes digital marketing, underscored by growth marketing statistics that help us better understand what works and what doesn’t.
A good starting point is to look at the newest digital marketing statistics. You can adjust your digital marketing strategy for ecommerce based on the latest digital marketing statistics.
What Is Digital Marketing?
A digital marketing strategy is a method of finding, building, and targeting an audience for the purpose of converting them into paying customers for a product or service. Connecting with existing and potential customers via many digital channels is a part of this type of electronic marketing.
Here’s a list of digital marketing examples that will help you understand what this style of marketing entails:
How Does Digital Marketing Benefit You?
Want to know why digital marketing is so essential for online retailers of all sizes? Here are some benefits mentioned below you can enjoy.
➡️ Lower cost: The cost of digital marketing is lower than that of traditional marketing. Your digital marketing budget can generate a massive return on investment if done correctly. Among the reasons is that concentrating marketing efforts on areas where people spend time online produces higher-quality leads.
➡️ Global reach: You can reach even more audiences across the globe when you operate an online business.
➡️ Potential for viral content: The online distribution of content can result in viral sharing via social networking, which brings additional revenue to your company at no additional cost.
➡️ Measurable results: Many analytics tools exist today, so your efforts can be tracked much more quickly than traditional marketing. Tools like Google Analytics or form analytics can assist you with specific tasks.
➡️ Keep up with the competition. Online presence is becoming more and more of a requirement for brands, products, and services.
➡️ Personalization: A primary reason why digital marketing works so well for online retailers is the fact that it can be personalized based on the user’s interests to change their experience automatically. Therefore, you can deliver page-level offers tailored to particular customer profiles based on their behavior. A great way to grow your business online is through digital marketing. But what if you don’t even contain a simple idea about where to begin.
Next, look at some digital marketing statistics for 2022 to see who’s doing what online.
100 Growth Marketing Statistics: The Ultimate List
Marketers must adapt to an ever-changing landscape of trends, technologies, and tactics. You don’t want to fall behind your competitors and have your business fall behind because you’re not up-to-date on new developments in the industry. Maintaining a close eye on marketing statistics is an excellent way to stay relevant and stay on top of the latest marketing trends.
It doesn’t matter if you specialize in SEO, content marketing, social media, video marketing, email marketing or other types of marketing. With our extensive collection of statistics, you can stay in touch with customers, reach your target audience, and boost conversions.
Search Engine Optimization Statistics
You can use search engine optimization to gain insight into how consumers find information online about your brand and that of competitors.
With SEO strategies incorporated into your marketing campaigns, you can improve your website’s ranking and visibility.
The following statistics will aid you in fine-tuning your SEO strategy, increasing traffic to your website, and boosting conversions.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Viewers are most likely to convert through email collection forms, with a 15% conversion rate in 2020. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- The best conversion rate for videos is 12.7% when events are placed at the beginning. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- Landing page A/B tests are used by only 17% of marketers to increase conversion rates. (HubSpot, 2020)
- On mobile, 3.5% of visits to ecommerce websites convert into purchases, while 3.9% on desktop. (Statista, 2021)
- Most forms are filled out on landing pages in the media & entertainment industry.
- The industry that experiences the highest clickthrough conversions on landing pages is Catering & Restaurants. (Unbounce, 2021)
- Visitors who come from email are more likely to convert, while visitors who come from search advertisements are less likely. (Unbounce, 2021)
- On social media, bounce rates are the highest (45%), followed by direct traffic (44%). (Kibo, 2021)
- Mobile optimization is considered an effective investment by 64% of SEO marketers. (HubSpot Blog Research, 2021)
- More than 10 connected devices per household are easily accessible to the average American. (Statista, 2021)
- Globally, mobile devices accounted for about half of all website traffic, excluding tablets. (Statista, 2020)
- Since the beginning of 2017, about half of all global web traffic has come from mobile devices. (Statista, 2020)
- As a top SEO strategy, mobile optimization is a top priority for almost 25% of companies. (HubSpot, 2020)
- About half of marketers say determining the success of their SEO strategies is based on keywords and organic traffic. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- Among marketers’ top SEO strategies, 71% mention the use of strategic keywords. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- Google uses 810 unique features in its SERPs. One hundred sixty-one of them appear for more than 0.2% of all keywords. (seoClarity, 2020)
- Google image search results average a 0.21% clickthrough rate, but the CTR varies greatly among industries. (seoClarity, 2020)
- In terms of marketing channels, websites are second only to social media. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- Marketers invested 69% of their budgets in SEO in 2021. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- Nearly half of voice-assistant users report using voice technology daily or multiple times per day. (The Smart Audio Report, 2020)
- More than 60 million Americans, or 24% of the adult population, own a Smart Speaker. (The Smart Audio Report, 2020)
- Sixty-two% of Americans will have used voice assistance technologies by 2020. (Edison Research, 2020)
- Sixty-two% of Americans aged 12 and older use voice-activated assistants. (Edison Research, 2020)
- Over 18% of Americans have an in-dash entertainment system and information system. (Edison Research, 2020)
- Businesses that are eco-friendly have four times more loyal customers. (Net0, 2021)
- The most frustrating aspect of brand messaging for consumers is inconsistent messaging. (MoEngage, 2021)
- Self-serve options are preferred by 39% of B2B buyers. (Statista, 2020)
Content Marketing Statistics
It defines the process of creating and sharing relevant written, downloadable, and visual content to allow your target audience to learn about your brand, your expertise, and your products or services.
Using content marketing statistics will inform your content marketing strategy and provide insight into how other content marketers are generating leads and solving the pain points of their target audiences. It will enable you to determine which marketing techniques will be most effective for your business, customers, and leads.
- In the past year, short articles ranked third on the list of the most effective B2B content assets. (Content Marketing Institute, 2021)
- Companies with content marketing strategies use blogging 48% of the time. (HubSpot Blog Research, 2021)
- Bloggers report 56% effectiveness and 10% ROI and say it’s the most effective method of marketing. (HubSpot Blog Research, 2021)
- About 54% of decision-makers read and review thought-leadership content at least one hour each week. (Edelman/LinkedIn 2021)
- A monthly average of 70 million new posts and 77 million new comments are generated by WordPress users. (WordPress, 2020)
- In 2022, B2B brands will spend the most on video. (According to Content Marketing Institute, 2021.)
- Among marketers’ content strategies for 2021, video is the most popular format. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- 87% of video marketers report that their website traffic has increased because of video. (Wyzowl, 2020)
- Video is directly responsible for the increase in sales for 80% of video marketers. (Wyzowl, 2020)
- Content marketing is actively used by 82% of marketers. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- More than 60% of marketers evaluate the effectiveness of their content marketing strategies by measuring sales. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- Content marketing is actively being invested in by 70% of marketers. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Content marketing strategies are typically measured by web traffic and conversion rates. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Total Sales are the most common metric used to measure the success of content marketing programs. (HubSpot, 2020)
- The number of marketers planning to increase their advertising budgets in 2020 is 24%. (HubSpot, 2020)
- There are three main audience segments that marketers target today – marketing to three audiences is the most common. (HubSpot, 2020)
- More than 40% of marketers say content marketing is a very important element of their marketing efforts. (HubSpot, 2020)
- 80% of marketers who are using audio content and podcasts expect to invest the same amount of money or more in 2022. (HubSpot Blog Research, 2021)
- In contrast, just 16% of marketers say they have invested in audio chat rooms like Twitter Spaces and Clubhouse. (HubSpot Blog Research, 2021)
- Over 28% of American adults over the age of 12 listen to podcasts weekly. (Infinite Dial, 2021)
- Online audio listeners will spend an average of 16:14 hours a week on it in 2021. (Infinite Dial, 2021)
- Most people listen to music online through Spotify. (Infinite Dial, 2021)
- Podcasts are listened to on average by eight people a week. (Infinite Dial, 2021)
Social Media Statistics
Almost all businesses need to know how to market on various social media platforms, given the billions of people that use social media globally.
With this infographic, you’ll discover how marketers are leveraging social media marketing to boost brand awareness, market products, and promote their products and services.
- Marketers today rely heavily on Facebook as a content distribution channel. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- 69% of Americans use Facebook. (Statista, 2021)
- Facebook’s mobile app is used by 98.3% of users. (Statista, 2021)
- The number of daily active users (DAUs) reached 1.8 billion for the fourth quarter of 2021, an increase of 11% over the same period last year. (Facebook, 2021)
- Approximately 2 billion people are active on Facebook every month as of 2021. (Statista, 2021)
- Instagram’s user base will reach 1.1 billion in 2022, according to eMarketer. (eMarketer, 2021)
- More than 500 million people use Instagram every day. (Instagram, 2021)
- On average, Instagram users spend 10 hours a month using the app. (Hootsuite, 2021)
- Among the top social media platforms for marketers, Instagram is the second-best performer. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- In 2020, Instagram users will spend an average of 30 minutes on the app per day. (eMarketer, 2020)
- With 319 million users, Twitter is the world’s most popular social network. (Statista, 2021)
- According to Alexa, Twitter is ranked the 12th most visited website in the world. (SEMrush, 2021)
- The United States has the most Twitter users, followed by Japan. (Statista, 2021)
- Twitter’s audience consists primarily of men. (Hootsuite, 2021)
- The percentage of B2B content marketers using Twitter for organic marketing reached 82% in 2021. (Content Marketing Institute, 2021)
- The click-through rate across all Twitter objectives increased by roughly 20% after testing multi-destination carousels. (Twitter, 2021)
Social Media Management
- As of 2017, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are the most commonly used social media platforms by marketers. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Marketing professionals use social listening as their number one strategy. (HubSpot, 2020)
- In social media marketing, it is common to publish three to four times per week. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Approximately half of all businesses (60%) plan to increase their Instagram budgets, and almost half plan to increase their social media marketing budgets across Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn. (Hootsuite, 2020)
- More than 73% of marketers rank “increased new customer acquisition” as their top social outcome for 2021 (Hootsuite, 2020)
- According to 66% of marketers, social listening has become more critical to their organizations over the past year (Hootsuite, 2020)
- Marketers expect to drive conversions through social media in 45% of cases in 2021. (Hootsuite, 2020)
Email Marketing Statistics
You cannot underestimate the value of email marketing when it comes to connecting with customers and building relationships. Discover how other businesses are maximizing their ROI through email marketing and connecting with customers with email marketing statistics.
- Click-through rates for emails are 2.13% on average. (GetResponse, 2020)
- The day with the highest potential clickthrough rates is typically Friday, with 2.7% (Campaign Monitor, 2020)
- Government emails are expected to have an open rate of 30.5% in 2020.
- Among the top three tactics employed by email marketers are audience segmentation. (HubSpot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
- As much as 760% of marketers report an increase in revenue when using segmented campaigns. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
- A survey of marketers found that nearly 30% of them use audience segmentation tactics to boost email engagement. (HubSpot, 2020)
- More than 80% of marketers report that email engagement has increased in the past 12 months. (HubSpot, 2020)
- In their inboxes, 40% of consumers have more than 50 unread emails. (Sinch, 2020)
- Globally, email users are expected to reach 4.48 billion by 2024. (Statista, 2021)
- According to a study among 1,000 small business owners, email marketing was the second most effective method of building brand recognition. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
- Online retailers get the best return on investment from email marketing. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
- According to the U.S. Postal Service, 21% of emails are opened between 9 a.m. and noon. (Litmus, 2019)
- Approximately 4.48 billion users will be using email worldwide by 2024. (Statista, 2020)
Lead Generation Statistics
Lead generation is the process of attracting and converting customers who are interested in your brand, products, or services. Consumers embark on this journey to become customers as part of their overall journey.
By learning more about lead generation statistics, you will be able to understand how other marketers are converting more prospects and lead into paying customers.
- Marketing professionals say “better measuring ROI of our demand generation initiatives” will be their top priority in 2021. (Demand Gen Report, 2021)
- According to marketers, webinars generate the highest quality leads (53%) at the top of the funnel. (Demand Gen Report, 2021)
- Email is the most effective channel for generating early-stage leads, according to 53% of marketers. (Demand Gen Report, 2021)
- According to 78% of marketers, their budgets for demand generation will increase or stay the same in 2021. (Activate, 2020)
- In addition to account-level fields, 28% of marketers claim that automated lead scoring helps. (Activate, 2020)
- Among the top ways that advertisers drive demand are ad placement and audience targeting. (HubSpot, 2020)
- For marketers, generating leads is the most crucial task. (HubSpot, 2020)
- A majority of marketers have reported a rise in their cost-per-acquisition over the past three years. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Four out of 10 companies say they primarily focus on increasing customer acquisition. (Ascend2, 2020)
- Marketing Analytics
- A little more than 75% of marketers report that their campaigns directly influence revenue. (HubSpot, 2020)
- 35% of marketers said determining the ROI of their campaigns was a “very critical” or “extremely crucial” component of their campaign. (HubSpot, 2020)
- Attribution reporting is used by 52% of marketers. (HubSpot, 2020)
- 91% of marketers say they are “somewhat confident” or “very confident” that the programs they are investing in influence revenue. (HubSpot, 2020)
Need Even More Tips?
We’ve got you covered. Take a look at our related guides: