Recent WooCommerce Statistics Show It’s Powering the Top Online Stores
According to the WooCommerce.com homepage, users have downloaded the tool more than 39,100,979 times.
BuiltWith reports that, as of February 2018, a total of 2,241,106 websites use WooCommerce, including 28,864 of the world’s top million websites. That’s 0.6% of all websites or 3.7% of the top million sites.
As these statistics demonstrate, WooCommerce.com is rapidly becoming one of the most popular ecommerce platforms in the world and is currently the software behind many of the world’s top online stores. A robust online shopping cart, WooCommerce is equipped for use with a wide variety of different website back-ends and hosts and is becoming massively popular with WordPress users.
Here’s what you need to know about the current prowess of WooCommerce and where it will likely go in the years to come:
WooCommerce by the Numbers
Wondering about the most powerful WooCommerce statistics out there? Here are some WooCommerce facts you need to know:
- Back in 2011, WooCommerce offered nine official extensions and six official themes
- By 2016, WooCommerce had been downloaded 13.8 million times and had more than 1 million installations
- WooCommerce is currently translated into 26 language
- The online shopping cart has more than 400 extensions
- WooCommerce powers 37% of all ecommerce sites
5 Most Popular Shopping Carts
WooCommerce powers 37% of all ecommerce sites, but what do those sites operate on? Here are the five most popular ecommerce platforms currently:
Shopify is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms thanks to the fact that it offers simple setup and a streamlined and responsive user interface. In addition to that, it provides secure payment gateways and hundreds of templates to choose from.
Offering built-in SEO and social media features, Shopify is an excellent way for ecommerce store owners to get noticed faster.
3dcart runs neck-and-neck with Spotify on most of its offerings. In addition to offering many of the same features, 3dcart also allows you to customize your store as you see fit, without charging transaction fees, which enables customers to keep more money per transaction.
3dcart also offers a wide selection of integrations to add to your store for increased functionality.
WooCommerce is software meant to be installed on your website. Once installed, it allows you to create as many listings as you’d like. Offering thousands of apps through the Woo Themes dashboard, WooCommerce powers 30% of all ecommerce solutions.
BigCommerce is a bigger, more powerful, more integrated version of Shopify or 3DCART. The platform also offers a series of built-in apps, addable apps, ratings, and more.
Ideal for anyone who doesn’t have extensive web design skills but wants to create a beautiful online store, Bigcommerce is the go-to for many ecommerce store owners.
Volusion has een a fixture in the ecommerce world for 15 years and has generated more than $21 billion of online sales. Free of transaction fees, Volusion offers simple ecommerce store designs and hundreds of free templates.
Popular WooCommerce Plugins
While WooCommerce offers a wide selection of functionalities for the above-mentioned ecommerce platforms, there are many WooCommerce plugins marketers can use to enhance their sales and provide more value to customers. Here are a few of the best options:
- WooSales Mobile. WooSales Mobile offers real-time statistics and data, general stats, and a full WordPress WooCommerce Assistant plugin for marketers.
- Candy Cart. Candy Cart allows you to showcase your WooCommerce store in the form of an iOS app for Apple users. Customers using the Candy Cart app can shop your WooCommerce site via your store’s mobile app.
- PayPal Express Payment Gateway. Offer fast, express checkouts for your customers with PayPal Express Payment Gateway. Ideal for allowing customers to choose whether to use traditional payment processing or expedited PayPal Express Checkout, this tool is a must-have for ecommerce store owners.
How to Win in WooCommerce
Wondering how to skyrocket your store’s success with WooCommerce? Here are a few tips to get the job done:
- Use Pictures. 90% of all information the brain receives is visual. With that in mind, offer high-quality product images accompanied by quality product text. No matter which images you choose, be sure they’re representative of your items and will reflect positively on your store.
- Become a Better Writer. Images are worth a thousand words, absolutely, but that’s not to say you should allow your words to fall by the wayside. Instead, you’ve got to focus some of your efforts on becoming a strong copywriter. Strong copy works to fulfill several purposes, including creating an emotional connection with users and showcasing the importance your item could have in their lives.
- Develop Content for Your Shoppers. As you work to create visual and textual content, be sure you’re doing it with your readers in mind. Writing a story about your company and your products is an excellent way to get people engaged and keep them that way. No matter who you are or what you’re selling, you should be creating engaging, direct, emotional, and succinct copy and associated images.
The Future of WooCommerce
WooCommerce is one of the most powerful online platforms out there. And the future of this platform is bright and promising. As adoption continues (and companies like ours continue to release awesome WooCommerce CRM integrations), it stands to reason that the platform will only continue to become more popular and powerful.
If you’re not using WooCommerce, now is a great time to explore it! Why not take your store to the next level with one of the most powerful online shopping tools out there. Need even more stats? Here’s a nifty WooCommece infographic to get your synapses firing.